16 September 2018

USA Board Meeting Agenda – September 16, 2018

A.     Call Meeting to Order 10:10am EDT

In attendance: Danielle Millet, Mary Koehler, Aaron Johnson, Mark Atkinson, Dale Grzych, Jill Cohen

B.      Old Business

  1. NAUCC 2018 wrap–up.
    1. Great job! Any lessons learnt?
      1. Medals are still need to be sorted out, equipment is MIA.
      2. Facebook updates were very helpful. There were issues with the new app.
      3. Awards shouldn’t be rescheduled last minute without quality communication.
    2. Proposal to investigate renaming NAUCC
      1. Will be included with next Rulebook Committee (2019) Info
    3. USA Programs
      1. Coaching Program. Need approval of $1,500 for this year’s budget. Patricia
    4. Membership Initiative
      1. Non-USA club outreach
        1. Request to add all/any clubs here
        2. USA promotion via other unicycle distributors? Jill
          1. Jill is continuing to work on this, it will be removed from future agendas.
      2. USA club outreach
        1. USA hosted inter-club meetings. Feedback from meeting at NAUCC 2018?
          1. Issues getting people into the calls. Contact Wendy to get contact info.
    5. New USA Levels
      1. Proposed new flatland levels are here. Need to upload these to the USA website. Dale/Mike
        1. http://uniusa.org/flatland-levels/
        2. Dale is working on making a set of videos of the levels up to level 5. These will also be used to train coaches online.
      2. Were coached trained at NAUCC? Who is recording who they are? Dale
        1. Just Danielle, Dale is recording who they are for now.
      3. Formal vote to adopt levels needed. Dale
        1. Still more work to be done, tabled for now.
    6. Freestyle Levels
      1. IUF certification/re-certification requirements. Need to either align with IUF or make USA-specific. Will be included with next Rulebook Committee (2019) Info
      2. Updating Freestyle Level Cert cards Patricia/ Wendy

C.      New Business and 90-day look ahead (USA annual calendar of events)

  1. 2018 Priorities
    1. NAUCC 2019
      1. July 7-13th.
      2. Track and gyms are reserved. Northridge high school.
      3. Email is going out to board members of temporary schedule.
      4. Working with local riders like Noli Ergas to help with organization.
      5. Locating USA equipment is an issue. Aaron will be looking into getting a pod to send to future NAUCC’s.
    2. New Membership site
      1. Currently we don’t have the income to support the new site.
      2. Raise membership 5$ to pay for new site?
      3. Insurance. Investigate alternate vendors (to reduce costs) and possible expansion of member benefits
        1. Possibility of adding unicycle insurance for USA members? spokeinsurance.com
      4. IUF/USA Rulebook Committees
      5. Scholarship Chair?
        1. Needs to be decided by March. Committee members should think of someone for this position.
      6. Freestyle Level Tester Meeting (in Spring?)
      7. Track racing cut times
        1. Jill has a system that she will be sending out that could possibly be used

D.      Current Board Members’ and Chairpersons’ Reports

    1. Mark Atkinson, President
    2. Danielle Millett, Vice President
    3. Dale Grzych, Secretary
      1. New York Parade with unicyclists from all clubs.
        1. 2017 wasn’t promomoting unicycling in a positive manner, 2018 was close, the parade is by invitation only and conversations dried up as of now. Costs would be on participants.
        2. Typically discussed in Spring.
    4. Mary Koehler, Treasurer
    5. Jill Cohan, Director
      1. No current host for Unicon 2020.
    6. Aaron Johnson, Director
    7. Patricia Wilton, Director & USA Level Tester
    8. Mark Atkinson & Mike Schatz, Webmasters
    9. Wendy Grzych, Affiliate Club & Insurance Coordinator
    10. Amanda Grzych, Scholarship Committee Chair

E.      Announcements

  1. Upcoming Events
    1. Mondofest – February ???
    2. ‘Ride a unicycle day’ – May 19.
    3. National Unicycle Week – May 19-25
    4. NAUCC 2019- July 7-13th , Greeley, Colorado

F.      Anything else?

  1. Mark will be working on an approximate schedule for future meetings.

G.     Meeting Adjourned