19 March 2017

USA Board Meeting Agenda – March 19, 2017

A.     Call Meeting to Order: 10:02 EST

Attending: Kenny Cason, Mark Atkinson, Danielle Millett, Mike Schatz, David Panofsky, Wendy Grzych, Aaron Kinsella-Johnson

B.      Old Business

        1. NAUCC 2017
          1. Status report and discussion. Help needed?
            1. Registration: 84 currently registered
            2. On track to pay for event in full
            3. Message going out to remind early registration closing soon, need help from USA for messaging. Aaron handling social media.
            4. Flyers going out via Unicycle.com
            5. Updates to accommodations page, Seattle area is expensive. L Camping is also available. Cottages available for groups, mostly up at Snoqualmie Pass.
            6. Venues secured for everything except Street and Flat.
            7. Registration at the North Bend visitor’s center
            8. North Bend Block Party on the last Saturday, participation perhaps
            9. Safety concerns for the marathon: town hall forum scheduled to address everyone’s concerns, like a riders meeting. Presenting plans ahead of time could allay fears. Date and Time will be forthcoming.
        2. USA Programs
          1. Coaching Program. Feedback from both coaches and clubs?
            1. Timber Lake was a huge success
        3. Membership Initiative
          1. Non-USA club outreach.
            1. Searching for new clubs. When found please put in the Google Doc. As officers we should reach out to them when possible.
          2. Postcards. Look great! Possible increase in website traffic?
            1. Uplift in website traffic, possibly related
          3. National Unicycle Week http://uniusa.org/national-unicycle-week/
            1. Applied for through Chase’s Book of Events, we will know soon whether approved. 21-27 May 2017!
            2. USA website has been updated and we have a logo
          4. Possible focus on promoting benefits of USA insurance?
            1. Important to a lot of people, likely our biggest benefit of membership.
        4.  Facebook
          1. As we enter riding season need regular, relevant posts – all/any welcome!
            1. Kenny will forward Facebook stats when he receives them
        5. USA Rulebook Committee
          1. Invitations for participation sent out in January
          2. Deadline for new adopting rules is four months prior to NAUCC
            1. Scott has asked for an extension
            2. Voted on and approved
        6. OOW/Constitution/Bylaws Update
          1. Amendments to be sent out via email with instructions for voting
            1. Proposal to accept the amended rules for USA
            2. Voted on an approved
          2. Need to agree voting procedure – could we use membership site?
            1. Trying to get to an email vote, but some don’t have email addresses (only 19). Effort will be made to contact teams to make sure their members have entered an email address.
            2. Email in March will be sent to announce the upcoming vote, to give members a chance to update their membership profiles.
            3. End of April we will use electionbuddy.com to do the vote
            4. 93 yay votes needed to pass, given current roles
            5. Proposal to spend up to $100 for use of electionbuddy.com
            6. Voted upon and passed.

C.      New Business and 90-day look ahead (USA annual calendar of events)

              1. Skype Level Tester meeting – when?
              2. Scholarship Committee – kickoff this month
                1. Zero response from prior email asking for scholarship applications
                2. Official application letter going out this week
                3. People being considered for the committee
              3. Board meetings – schedule between now and NAUCC?
                1. Missed a December meeting this year
                2. Will have meetings in April and June
              4. Unicon 20 – IUF looking for applications to host. Proposals requested by end 2017.
                1. Anyone in USA interested in hosting?

D.      Current Board Members’ and Chairpersons’ Reports

              1. Mark Atkinson, President
              2. Danielle Millett, Vice President
              3. Kenny Cason, Secretary
                1. 3 year commitment is coming to an end
                2. Amanda is interested
              4. Mike Schatz, Treasurer
                1. Just restocked patches ($900+). That money eventually comes back.
                2. 3 year commitment is coming to an end
                3. Currently Mike handles membership and treasurer roles but those roles could be separated. Treasurer is a 3 year commitment, membership is an appointed position.
              5. Jill Cohan, Director
              6. Wendy Grzych, Director
              7. David Panofsky, Director
                1. 3 year commitment is coming to an end
                2. Trying to write up general instructions with how to travel with unicycles, especially flying.
              8. Patricia Wilton, Director & USA Level Tester
                1. Lots of positive discussion in the new Freestyle Rules committee
              9. Mark Atkinson & Mike Schatz, Webmasters
              10. Wendy Grzych, Affiliate Club & Insurance Coordinator
              11. Amanda Grzych, Scholarship Committee Chair

E.      Announcements

              1. Upcoming Events
                1. SW Muni Fest – March 18-19, Moab, Utah
                2. MadUni Muni Weekend – April 7-9, Black River Falls, WI
                3. RTUC Mini-Meet in Livonia, MI – May 19-21
                4. National Unicycle Week – May 21-28
                5. MadUni Summer Camps – June 12-16 and June  19-23 (link)
                6. CMQ Urban – July 6-9, Montreal, Canada
                7. LAUCC (Latin American Unicycle Convention and Championship) –July 16-23, Mexico City (link)
                8. European Championship – July 27-Aug 6, Sittard-Geleen, NL (link)
                9. Unicon 19 – July 29- Aug 10 2019 Seoul, South Korea (link)

F.     Anything else?

                1. Kenny: Does anyone have Gossi’s research on developing new Skill Levels, or how to contact him? Trying to contact him via email has failed, the email didn’t bounce but I heard nothing back.

G.     Meeting Adjourned: 11:12 EST