USA Annual Meeting – July 12, 2018
Tipton Academy, Garden City, MI
A. Call Meeting to Order: 8:??pm EDT
B. Affirmation of Officers
- President: Mark Atkinson
- Vice President: Danielle Millett
- Secretary: Dale Grzych
- Treasurer: Mary Koehler
- Director: Jill Cohen (1 year remaining)
- Director: Wendy Grzych (stepping down)
- Director: Arron Johnson (2 years remaning)
- Director: Patricia Wilton (1 year remaining)
C. Election of Officers
- President: Mark Atkinson – moved, seconded, confirmed
- Vice President: Danielle Millett – moved, seconded, confirmed
- Secretary: Dale Grzych – moved, seconded, confirmed, voted, passed
- Treasurer: Mary Koehler – moved, seconded, confirmed, voted, passed
- Director: Rick Tharrett – moved, seconded, confirmed, voted, passed
Thanks to outgoing USA Board member Wendy Grzych (Director) for her time and support!
D. 2017-2018 Achievements
- USA now offers free membership for children in a free/reduced school lunch program
- Coaching Scheme – Two trips made by coaches to USA Affiliated clubs
- Dale visited Snoqualmie, Rachel visited Black Hills.
- Inter-Club Meetings – Regular meetings for USA Affiliated clubs to share information and ideas
- Non-affiliated clubs are welcome to interclub meetings.
- Flatland Levels completed and ready for publication
- Expected to be voted in next USA meeting.
- Mike Schatz has them posted on the USA website currently.
- Old USA Newsletters (1974-1982) and On One Wheel (1983-1992) scanned available and on the USA website
- Uni mags are PDF files online, can search for keywords.
- Most Nationals results 1973 to-date available and on the USA website
- NAUCC 2018!
E. 2018-19 Goals
- Complete archiving old On One Wheels and Nationals results
- New Membership site platform being investigated
- The site will also have the ability to keep track of everyone’s level progression as well.
- Rulebook Committee – apart from reviewing the IUF Rulebook, this will include a review of our USA-specific Rulebook and possible renaming of our National Competition
- NAUCC 2019!
F. Upcoming Events
- Unicon 19 in Seoul, South Korea from July 29 to August 10th, 2018
- Good Luck everyone!!
- Possible opportunity for the USA to ride in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York. Discussions with the parade organisers are ongoing.
- Meetup of several clubs to participate together.
- NAUCC 2019 in Greeley, Colorado hosted by Jay Shaeffer
- Dates TBD, probably the week after the 4th of July