USA Board Meeting Agenda – April 24, 2016
A. Call Meeting to Order: 12:05pm EST
Attending: Kenny Cason, Amanda Grzych, David Panofsky, Mitch Wittenberg, Mike Schatz, Mark Atkinson, Wendy Grzych
B. Old Business
- USA Programs
- Getting started, forms for clubs and coaches for Certified Coaches have been developed.
- Rider Locator
- You can see there is somebody there, but can’t identify them.
- Option: have users log into the membership site to identify riders found in specific locations. Members might be wary of security concerns so feedback will be sought.
- Urban Update – sectioning NAUCC by discipline
- Summary: discussion about globbing all urban events into a specific time frame so urban riders can compete but not get stuck attending NAUCC all week.
- We have little control. The rulebook is what actually has teeth.
- Not sure if possible changes should be enforced or recommended. At least a recommendation could be made to the rulebook committee.
- 2016 open Board positions
- Mark is willing to run for President (for good or bad).
- A vice-Presidential candidate is also known (see Mark).
- Bylaws for waiver
- There is no waiver currently in place that covers the board or USA.
- USA has Directors & Officers insurance for the board, and any board of an affiliated club.
- Could add a waiver to the membership web page that a member has to click on to agree. Would simplify the process. Wendy will send wording for the waiver.
- Current Board Members’ and Chairpersons’ Reports
- Amanda Grzych, President
Patricia Wilton, Vice President
- Kenny Cason, Secretary
- SnoValley Uni (SVUC) is holding a clinic May 14th in North Bend, WA. Checkout their web site for details.
- Most teams will accept event notices to be included in their newsletters!
- Next year we need to discuss better communication with USA membership. Newsletter, app, web site, carrier pigeon, OOW, Facebook, Twitter, …? Good agenda item for the annual meeting.
- One challenge is getting input from clubs on news. It doesn’t have to be lengthy, just enough to show activity.
- Perhaps an abbreviated version of OOW using Mailchimp?
- Mike Schatz, Treasurer
- Financials look great!
- Mark Atkinson, Director
- Rulebook: IUF dropped skill levels from the rulebook and moved them to a separate document. Since USA adopts the IUF rulebook the skill levels are missing from the new USA rulebook.
- The USA rulebook should point to the IUF skill levels document.
- Mark proposes USA adopts the IUF skill levels.
- David seconds. The proposal passed unanimously.
- Wendy proposes USA continues to align with IUF skill levels. The IUF is considering major changes to the skill levels. Details TBD.
- Separate issue: working on a document detailing what typically goes on with USA in a yearly timeframe. Will send out for feedback.
- Mitch Wittenberg, Director
- David Panofsky, Director
- A framework for hosting NAUCC planning is in the works. Input on Best Practices is strongly encouraged from USA membership (budget, events, scheduling, venues, etc.).
- There is already a link on the USA web site concerning hosting, but this is an attempt to improve the documentation.
- Will give the board permission to read the current draft for review. Input/feedback is encouraged! Please share with people you know might have feedback.
- April 29th-31st, MadUni offroad event!
Steve Walter, Director Grace Luccio, Jr. Director (shadow president) Nick Braun, Jr. Director (social media & advertising) Walker Orner, Jr. Director (urban riders) Rachel Sindelar, Jr. Director (social media & advertising) Owen Farmer, Jr. Director (social media) Shelley Kovacic, Jr. Director (advertising & design) Richard & Rick Tharrett, OOW Scott Wilton& Mike Schatz, Webmaster
- Wendy Grzych, Affiliate Club Coordinator
- Wendy Grzych, Insurance Coordinator
- Getting new certs ready for the new insurance cycle (July 1-July 1).
- The new underwriter is slowing things down, will get up to speed.
Max Schulze, Trials and Street Adviser/Coordinator and Scholarship Committee Chair Danielle Ross, Beginner Rider Chairperson Patricia Wilton, USA Level Tester
D. New Business
- Concerns about NAUCC 2016
- The list of competitors only shows 1 from the host club.
- Why are we paying for the gym when it is gratis?
- Small turnout expected this year, will probably break even.
- Why aren’t the South Dakota people paying for registration? There may be a good reason but we need more transparency.
- Scheduling questions: the 10k and Criterium seem to infringe on timing for other events.
- NAUCC 2017 Hosting Apps
- One application received: from SVUC.
- Amanda will look up the process to approve and notify the board.
- Upcoming Events
- Unicon 2016
- NAUCC 2016
- Anything else?