As you’re learning to ride, there are always a few important tips to keep in mind. Following these simple suggestions will help you to progress much more quickly.
- As you’re first starting out, it may be most effective to focus on going half a revolution from pedals level to pedals level. Don’t get stuck with one foot up and one foot down.
- Keep your head up and look forward. If you look down, you will fall down.
- Be sure to place the balls of your feet on the pedals, not the arches or heels.
- Focus on sitting down and placing most of your weight on the seat ‐ your helpers will thank you.
- Regardless of whether you have a helper holding your hand or not, keep your arms stretched out wide.
- Be persistent! All it takes is a little practice.